By: Team BestToPets
Delightful Dog Breed
The Boston Terriers breed originated from a cross between an English Bulldog and a White English Terrier, resulting in their unique square-shaped heads, round eyes, and sleek coats.
In the United States, the cost of a Boston Terrier ranges from approximately $800 to $2,500. In India, the price typically falls between ₹30,000 to ₹80,000.
1. American Origin: The Boston Terrier is one of the few dog breeds that originated in the United States. It was developed in the late 19th century in Boston, Massachusetts, hence its name.
2. Nicknames: Boston Terriers are often referred to as “Boston Bulls” or “American Gentlemen” due to their dapper appearance and gentlemanly demeanour.
Boston Terriers are known for their friendly and gentle nature. They are typically good with children, other pets, and strangers, making them wonderful family companions.
4. Tuxedo Markings: The breed’s distinctive coat markings resemble a tuxedo, with a white chest and a dark coat colour. This unique look adds to their charming and elegant appearance.
15 Non-Sporting Group: The Boston Terrier is classified as a member of the Non-Sporting Group by the American Kennel Club (AKC).
6. Size and Weight: Boston Terriers are small-sized dogs. They typically weigh between 10 to 25 pounds (4.5 to 11 kg) and stand about 15 to 17 inches (38 to 43 cm) tall at the shoulder.
7. Expressive Eyes: Boston Terriers are known for their large, round, and expressive eyes. Their eyes are dark and set wide apart, giving them an alert and intelligent appearance.
1. While they enjoy daily walks and playtime, Boston Terriers do not have excessively high exercise needs. They are well-suited for both apartment living and homes with small yards.
Easy to Train:
Boston Terriers are intelligent and eager to please, making them relatively easy to train.
With proper care and regular veterinary check-ups, Boston Terriers have an average lifespan of around 11 to 15 years.