English Cream Dachshunds, celebrated for their distinctive cream-colored coats and friendly disposition, hold a unique and cherished place in the world of canine companions. In this exploration, we’ll delve into their rich history, unique characteristics, and why they capture the hearts of families and individuals alike. Whether you’re an avid Dachshund enthusiast or simply curious, join us on this journey to discover what makes English Cream Dachshunds so captivating.
English Cream Dachshund
English Cream Dachshunds, known for their elegant appearance and friendly demeanor, have gained popularity among dog enthusiasts globally. These charming canines are a unique variation of the classic Dachshund breed, celebrated for their creamy coats and endearing characteristics.
The history of English Cream Dachshunds is rooted in Europe, where their ancestors, the standard Dachshunds, were initially bred for hunting purposes. These early Dachshunds were prized for their tracking abilities and determination when pursuing game like badgers and rabbits. Over time, a desire for a more refined and visually striking Dachshund variant emerged.
In the mid-20th century, breeders in England began selectively breeding Dachshunds with lighter, cream-colored coats. This selective breeding gave rise to the Cream Dachshund, which immediately stood out due to its soft, creamy hue. While they retain the Dachshund’s iconic elongated body and short legs, English Cream Dachshunds are notably distinguished by their elegant, ivory-colored coats.
One of the most striking features of Cream Dachshunds is undoubtedly their gorgeous cream coat. It’s not just visually appealing but also velvety to the touch, further enhancing their charm. This luxurious coat sets them apart from the standard Dachshund and has become a hallmark of the breed.
Beyond their aesthetic appeal, English Cream Dachshunds are cherished for their friendly and sociable nature. They possess an innate ability to form strong bonds with their human companions, making them excellent family pets. Whether interacting with children, adults, or other pets, these Dachshunds tend to be amiable and adaptable, adding to their appeal as loving companions.
Despite their small size, Cream Dachshunds often exhibit a protective streak, demonstrating loyalty to their loved ones and their territory. Their intelligence and trainability make them a joy to have around. They relish the opportunity to learn new tricks and excel in obedience training, making them a well-rounded and trainable breed.
In terms of exercise needs, English Cream Dachshunds strike a balance. While they possess energy and enjoy playtime, they don’t demand excessive physical activity. A daily walk and some time in the backyard are typically sufficient to keep them content and healthy, making them suitable for various living environments.
Characteristics of English Cream Dachshund:
- Gorgeous Cream Coat: The most striking feature of English Cream Dachshunds is their beautiful cream-colored coat. It’s velvety to the touch and exudes an air of sophistication.
- Friendly and Sociable: Cream Dachshunds are renowned for their friendly and sociable nature. They get along well with children, adults, and other pets, making them fantastic family companions.
- Loyal and Protective: Despite their small size, these Dachshunds have a protective streak. They will go to great lengths to protect their loved ones and their territory.
- Intelligent and Trainable: Cream Dachshunds are intelligent dogs, which makes them relatively easy to train. They enjoy learning new tricks and can excel in obedience training.
- Moderate Exercise Needs: While they have a lot of energy, Cream Dachshunds don’t require excessive exercise. A daily walk and some playtime in the backyard are usually sufficient to keep them happy and healthy.
Why Choose an English Cream Dachshund:
- Aesthetic Appeal: Their stunning cream coat is a major draw for those who want a dog that stands out in a crowd.
- Great Temperament: English Cream Dachshunds combine their captivating appearance with a lovable personality, making them the perfect addition to any family.
- Adaptability: Whether you live in a small apartment or a spacious home, these Dachshunds can adapt to their surroundings, as long as they receive love and attention.
- Low Grooming Needs: Maintaining their coat is relatively easy, making them a practical choice for busy individuals or families.
English Cream Dachshund Puppies
Are you searching for adorable English Cream Dachshund puppies to bring joy to your home? Our Cream Dachshund puppies are the epitome of charm and elegance. These cream-coated cuties are known for their friendly nature and make for loving companions. Explore our selection of Eglish Cream Dachshund puppies to find your new furry family member.
English Cream Mini Dachshund
If you adore Dachshunds but prefer a smaller package, consider the English Cream Mini Dachshund. These pint-sized pups possess the same cream-colored coat and affectionate nature as their standard-sized relatives. They’re ideal for individuals or families with limited space, offering all the love and charm you expect from Dachshunds in a more compact form.
English Cream Long Haired Dachshund
Elegance meets charm with the English Cream Long Haired Dachshund. Their silky, flowing cream-colored coats are not only stunning but also a delight to touch. These Dachshunds are known for their friendly and loving personalities, making them exceptional companions. Experience the regal allure of the longhaired variety.
English Cream Dachshund Short Hair
For those seeking a low-maintenance yet equally delightful companion, the English Cream Dachshund with short hair is a wonderful choice. They retain the captivating cream color but come with a sleek and manageable coat. These Dachshunds are as charming and affectionate as their longhaired counterparts, making them a practical and heartwarming addition to your home.
Irish Cream English Cream Dachshund
Experience the unique charm of the Irish Cream English Cream Dachshund. These Dachshunds boast a creamy coat with a touch of Irish allure. With their friendly disposition and striking appearance, they’re a favorite among Dachshund enthusiasts who appreciate a hint of something special in their furry companions.
English Cream Golden Dachshund
If you desire a Dachshund with a touch of golden warmth, the English Cream Golden Dachshund is an excellent choice. Their cream-colored coats have a subtle golden shimmer, making them truly stand out. These Dachshunds combine unique coloring with the same lovable personality traits, offering you a one-of-a-kind furry friend.
Types of English Cream Dachshunds
English Cream Dachshunds, celebrated for their distinctive cream-colored coats and lovable personalities, come in several coat types, each with its unique characteristics and appeal. These charming dogs are a variant of the Dachshund breed and have captured the hearts of many dog enthusiasts. Let’s explore the various types of Cream Dachshunds:
1. Smooth-Coated English Cream Dachshunds:
Smooth-coated English Cream Dachshunds sport a sleek, short coat that fits snugly against their body. Their cream-colored fur has a glossy sheen and feels soft to the touch. This type exudes a timeless and elegant charm, making them a favorite among Dachshund enthusiasts.
2. Longhaired English Cream Dachshunds:
Longhaired English Cream Dachshunds possess a luxurious coat characterized by silky, flowing strands. Their cream-colored fur is longer than that of their smooth-coated counterparts, imparting them with a regal and distinctive appearance. Their elegant locks are a hallmark of their beauty.
3. Wirehaired English Cream Dachshunds:
Wirehaired English Cream Dachshunds feature a dense, wiry coat that sets them apart from their smooth and longhaired relatives. Their cream-colored fur has a coarse texture and provides these Dachshunds with a rugged and unique look. Wirehaired Cream Dachshunds are known for their charmingly scruffy appearance.
4. Miniature English Cream Dachshunds:
Miniature English Cream Dachshunds are a smaller version of the standard Dachshund. They share the same cream-colored coat but come in a more compact size. These pint-sized pups are a popular choice for individuals living in smaller spaces, and they bring the same charm and personality as their larger counterparts.
5. Standard English Cream Dachshunds:
Standard English Cream Dachshunds represent the typical size within the breed. They feature the same cream-colored coat but possess the traditional Dachshund dimensions, with a longer body and short legs. These dogs have a graceful and balanced appearance, making them a quintessential representation of the breed.
History of English Cream Dachshund
The history of the English Cream Dachshund is steeped in charm and refinement. These cream-coated Dachshunds originated in Europe, where their ancestors, the standard Dachshunds, were bred for their remarkable tracking skills, particularly in hunting game like badgers and rabbits. It was in mid-20th century England that breeders began selectively breeding Dachshunds with lighter, cream-colored coats, giving rise to the elegant Cream Dachshund we adore today. Their history is a testament to their enduring appeal and distinctive beauty.
Appearance of English Cream Dachshunds
English Cream Dachshunds are distinguished by their cream-colored coats, a visual delight that sets them apart. Their fur is soft to the touch, with variations in coat types—smooth, longhaired, or wirehaired—each offering its unique aesthetic charm. With elongated bodies, short legs, and soulful eyes, they exhibit a graceful and balanced appearance that captures hearts at first sight.
Temperament of English Cream Dachshund
When it comes to temperament, English Cream Dachshunds are known for their friendly and sociable nature. They form strong bonds with their human companions, making them excellent family pets. Their loyalty extends to protecting their loved ones and their territory, showcasing their courageous side. These Dachshunds are intelligent and trainable, often eager to learn new tricks and excel in obedience training.
Behaviour of English Cream Dachshund
The behavior of English Dachshunds is characterized by their affectionate and playful demeanor. They enjoy socializing with both humans and other pets and tend to adapt well to various living environments. While they have energy to spare, they don’t require excessive exercise, making them a practical choice for families and individuals alike.
English Cream Dachshund Hypoallergenic
English Cream Dachshunds are not considered hypoallergenic. While their short, long, or wirehaired coats shed less compared to some other breeds, they still produce allergenic proteins found in dog dander, saliva, and urine. Allergy sufferers should spend time with these Dachshunds to assess their personal tolerance before bringing one into their home.
Do English Cream Dachshund Shed
Yes, English Cream Dachshunds do shed, but the amount of shedding can vary depending on the coat type—smooth, longhaired, or wirehaired. While they may not shed as heavily as some other breeds, regular grooming and brushing are essential to manage their shedding. This helps keep their coats healthy and reduces the amount of loose fur around your home.
English Cream Dachshund Price
The price of an English Cream Dachshund puppy in the USA ranges from $1,000 to $3,000, while in India, it typically falls between INR 20,000 to INR 50,000 or more, depending on breeder reputation, pedigree, and other factors.
English Cream Dachshund Price in the United States:
In the United States, the price of an English Cream Dachshund can vary significantly depending on several factors. On average, you can expect to pay between $1,000 to $3,000 for a well-bred English Cream Dachshund puppy from a reputable breeder. However, certain factors can influence the price, such as the puppy’s pedigree, coat type (smooth, longhaired, or wirehaired), and the breeder’s reputation.
English Cream Dachshund Price in the United Kingdom:
In the United Kingdom, English Cream Dachshunds are also available, although they may not be as common as in some other countries. The price for an English Cream Dachshund puppy in the UK can range from £1,500 to £3,000, depending on the breeder’s reputation and the puppy’s lineage.
English Cream Dachshund Price in Australia:
In Australia, English Cream Dachshunds are sought after for their unique cream-colored coats and friendly personalities. The price for an English Cream Dachshund puppy in Australia typically ranges from AUD 2,000 to AUD 4,000 or more, depending on the breeder’s reputation, the puppy’s pedigree, and any additional services provided, such as microchipping and initial vaccinations.
English Cream Dachshund Price in Canada:
In Canada, English Cream Dachshunds are valued for their beauty and charm. The price of an English Cream Dachshund puppy in Canada can vary from CAD 1,500 to CAD 3,500 or higher, depending on factors such as the breeder’s reputation, the puppy’s lineage, and the region where you are purchasing the puppy.
English Cream Dachshund Price In India
In India, the price of an English Cream Dachshund puppy can vary widely depending on various factors, including the breeder’s reputation, the puppy’s lineage, and the region where you are purchasing the puppy. On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from INR 20,000 to INR 50,000 or more for a well-bred English Cream Dachshund puppy.
English Cream Dachshund Prices In Major Indian and USA Cities
Here are the approximate English Cream Dachshund prices in major cities in India and the USA:
|City||English Cream Dachshund Price (USA)||English Cream Dachshund Price (India)|
|New York City||$1,200 – $3,500||INR 25,000 – INR 60,000|
|Los Angeles||$1,000 – $3,000||INR 20,000 – INR 55,000|
|Chicago||$1,000 – $3,500||INR 20,000 – INR 60,000|
|Houston||$1,200 – $3,000||INR 25,000 – INR 55,000|
|Delhi||$1,000 – $3,000||INR 20,000 – INR 55,000|
|Mumbai||$1,200 – $3,500||INR 25,000 – INR 60,000|
|Bangalore||$1,000 – $3,500||INR 20,000 – INR 60,000|
|Chennai||$1,000 – $3,000||INR 20,000 – INR 55,000|
|Kolkata||$1,200 – $3,000||INR 25,000 – INR 55,000|
|Atlanta||$1,000 – $3,500||–|
|San Francisco||$1,200 – $3,500||–|
|Dallas||$1,000 – $3,000||–|
|Phoenix||$1,200 – $3,000||–|
|Hyderabad||–||INR 20,000 – INR 55,000|
|Pune||–||INR 20,000 – INR 55,000|
|Ahmedabad||–||INR 15,000 – INR 50,000|
Factors that Affect the Price of English Cream Dachshund
Some common Factors that Affect the Price of English Cream Dachshund:
- Breeder Reputation: The reputation of the breeder plays a significant role in determining the price of an English Dachshund. Reputable breeders, known for ethical breeding practices and producing healthy, well-socialized puppies, typically charge higher prices.
- Pedigree: The lineage and pedigree of the puppy can influence its price. Puppies with exceptional bloodlines, often including champions in their ancestry, may command higher prices due to the potential for superior traits and health.
- Coat Type: English Cream Dachshunds come in different coat types—smooth, longhaired, and wirehaired. The rarity and desirability of a specific coat type can impact the price.
- Color and Markings: While English Dachshunds are known for their cream-colored coats, variations in shades and markings can affect pricing. Puppies with distinct or rare markings may be priced higher.
- Age: The age of the puppy can affect its price. Typically, younger puppies are more expensive than older ones. Very young puppies may be priced higher due to the initial care they require.
- Geographic Location: Prices can vary by region or city due to differences in demand, breeder availability, and cost of living. Major cities often have higher prices compared to rural areas.
- Health Screening: Responsible breeders conduct health screenings and provide documentation. Puppies with health clearances and vaccinations up to date may have higher prices due to the assurance of good health.
- Training and Socialization: Some breeders invest time in training and socializing their puppies. Well-trained and socialized puppies may be priced higher due to the added effort and care put into their development.
- Registration: Puppies registered with kennel clubs or breed associations may have higher prices, as registration adds to their pedigree and value.
- Supply and Demand: Market conditions, supply, and demand fluctuations can impact prices. High demand for a specific coat color or type can lead to increased prices.
Monthly Maintenance Cost of English Cream Dachshunds:
The monthly maintenance cost of an English Cream Dachshund includes expenses such as high-quality dog food, grooming supplies, regular veterinary check-ups, vaccinations, flea and tick prevention, heartworm medication, and training classes if needed. Additionally, pet insurance and emergency veterinary care should be factored in for unexpected expenses. On average, the monthly cost of caring for an English Cream Dachshund can range from $50 to $150 or more, depending on the specific needs and health of the dog. Proper care and maintenance ensure the well-being and longevity of your beloved pet.
English Cream Dachshund Breeders
Here are Top English Cream Dachshund Breeders in Different Countries:
|USA||American Kennel Club (AKC)||Check for breeders registered with the AKC and affiliated Dachshund clubs.|
|UK||The Kennel Club (UK)||Look for breeders registered with The Kennel Club and Dachshund breed clubs.|
|India||Kennel Club of India (KCI)||Find breeders registered with the KCI or associated breed clubs.|
|Australia||Australian National Kennel Council (ANKC)||Seek ANKC-registered breeders or Dachshund clubs.|
|Canada||Canadian Kennel Club (CKC)||Look for breeders registered with the CKC or breed-specific organizations.|
Facts about English Cream Dachshund
Here are some interesting facts about English Cream Dachshunds:
- Distinctive Cream Coat: English Cream Dachshunds are known for their elegant cream-colored coats, which set them apart from standard Dachshunds. The shade of cream can vary, but it gives them a unique and striking appearance.
- Variety of Coat Types: These Dachshunds come in three primary coat types: smooth, longhaired, and wirehaired. Each has its own charm and appeal, with the longhaired variety often considered particularly regal.
- Historical Roots: The English Cream Dachshund’s history can be traced back to Europe, where breeders in mid-20th century England selectively bred Dachshunds for their cream-colored coats. They are a variation of the classic Dachshund breed.
- Friendly and Sociable: English Cream Dachshunds are known for their friendly and sociable nature. They form strong bonds with their human families and are often excellent with children and other pets.
- Loyal and Protective: Despite their small size, these Dachshunds have a protective streak. They are known to be loyal to their owners and can be quite brave when it comes to protecting their loved ones and territory.
- Intelligent and Trainable: English Cream Dachshunds are intelligent and trainable dogs. They enjoy learning new tricks and are eager to please, making them relatively easy to train with positive reinforcement techniques.
- Adaptability: They are adaptable dogs that can thrive in various living environments. Whether in an apartment or a house with a yard, they can adjust to their surroundings as long as they receive proper exercise and attention.
- Moderate Exercise Needs: While they have energy to spare, English Cream Dachshunds do not require excessive exercise. Daily walks and playtime in the yard are typically sufficient to keep them happy and healthy.
- Not Hypoallergenic: Contrary to some misconceptions, English Cream Dachshunds are not considered hypoallergenic. They do shed, although the amount can vary depending on the coat type.
- Cherished Companions: English Cream Dachshunds are cherished for their combination of beauty and charm. They make loving and devoted companions for individuals and families alike, adding warmth and joy to any home.
Pros and Cons of English Cream Dachshund
Here are some common pros and cons of English Cream Dachshunds:
|Pros of English Cream Dachshunds||Cons of English Cream Dachshunds|
|1. Striking Cream-Colored Coat: Their cream-colored coat is visually stunning and distinctive.||1. Shedding: They do shed, and grooming may be required to manage loose fur.|
|2. Friendly and Sociable: They are known for their friendly and sociable nature, making them great companions.||2. Stubbornness: Dachshunds can be independent and occasionally stubborn during training.|
|3. Adaptability: They can thrive in various living environments, from apartments to houses with yards.||3. Health Concerns: Dachshunds are prone to certain health issues, including back problems due to their long spine.|
|4. Loyalty and Protectiveness: They are loyal to their owners and can be protective, despite their small size.||4. Potential for Weight Gain: Dachshunds can gain weight easily, so careful monitoring of their diet is essential.|
|5. Intelligence and Trainability: They are intelligent and trainable, making them suitable for obedience training.||5. Digging Instinct: Dachshunds have a natural instinct to dig, which can lead to landscaping challenges.|
|6. Moderate Exercise Needs: They don’t require excessive exercise and are content with daily walks and playtime.||6. Potential for Barking: They can be prone to barking, so early training is necessary to manage this behavior.|
|7. Excellent Family Pets: They are often great family pets, getting along well with children and other pets.||7. Not Hypoallergenic: They are not hypoallergenic, as they still produce allergenic proteins found in dog dander.|
Care Tips for English Cream Dachshund
Caring for an English Cream Dachshund involves attention to their unique needs and characteristics. Here are some care tips to ensure their well-being:
- Balanced Diet: Provide a balanced diet appropriate for their age and activity level. Avoid overfeeding to prevent weight gain, which can strain their backs.
- Regular Exercise: Engage them in daily exercise to maintain a healthy weight and mental stimulation. Short walks and playtime are typically sufficient.
- Grooming: Brush their coat regularly to reduce shedding and maintain its luster. Longhaired varieties may require more frequent grooming to prevent matting.
- Socialization: Early socialization is crucial to ensure they are well-adjusted and friendly. Expose them to various people, animals, and environments.
- Training: Use positive reinforcement methods for training. Dachshunds can be stubborn, so patience and consistency are key.
- Health Check-ups: Schedule regular veterinary check-ups to monitor their health and address any issues promptly.
- Back Care: Be cautious about activities that strain their backs, such as jumping on and off furniture. Use ramps or stairs to minimize impact.
- Temperature Considerations: Due to their short legs, Dachshunds can be sensitive to extreme temperatures. Protect them from excessive heat and cold.
Health Issues of English Cream Dachshund
English Cream Dachshunds, like other Dachshund varieties, are prone to certain health issues, including:
- Intervertebral Disc Disease (IVDD): Dachshunds have long spines, making them susceptible to back problems like IVDD. Avoid activities that strain their backs and provide proper support.
- Obesity: Dachshunds can gain weight easily, which exacerbates back issues. Monitor their diet and provide regular exercise to maintain a healthy weight.
- Hip Dysplasia: This condition can affect Dachshunds, leading to hip joint problems. Breeding practices and regular check-ups are essential for early detection.
- Eye Conditions: Some Dachshunds may develop eye conditions, including cataracts and progressive retinal atrophy (PRA). Regular eye examinations can help catch these issues early.
- Skin Allergies: Skin allergies can be a concern for Dachshunds. Proper grooming and addressing allergies promptly can alleviate discomfort.
- Ear Infections: Dachshunds’ long, floppy ears can trap moisture and lead to ear infections. Regular ear cleaning is essential.
English Cream Dachshund Lifespan
The lifespan of an English Cream Dachshund typically ranges from 12 to 16 years. Providing proper care, a balanced diet, regular exercise, and addressing health issues promptly can contribute to a longer and healthier life for your beloved Dachshund.
Food for English Cream Dachshunds
Here are suitable food options for English Cream Dachshunds:
|Type of Food||Description|
|High-Quality Dry Kibble||Look for premium brands with real meat as the first ingredient. Ensure it’s appropriate for your dog’s age and size.|
|Wet Canned Food||Provides moisture and can be mixed with dry kibble for variety. Choose options with quality protein sources.|
|Homemade Meals||Prepare balanced homemade meals with vet-approved recipes. Include lean protein, vegetables, and grains.|
|Raw or BARF Diet||A raw or biologically appropriate raw food (BARF) diet can be suitable if properly balanced and monitored.|
|Prescription Diets||If your Dachshund has specific health issues, your vet may recommend prescription diets tailored to their needs.|
|Treats and Chews||Use treats sparingly for training and rewards. Opt for healthy, low-calorie options to prevent overindulgence.|
Names for English Cream Dachshunds
Choosing the right name for your English Cream Dachshund can be a fun and personal decision. Here’s a list of name ideas for your beloved pet:
|Female Names||Male Names|
English Cream Dachshund Video
In conclusion, English Cream Dachshunds are a captivating breed known for their elegant cream-colored coats and friendly personalities. They make wonderful family pets, but it’s important to be aware of their unique care requirements and potential health considerations. With proper care, they can bring joy and warmth to any home, living long and happy lives as cherished companions.
Frequently Asked Questions on English Cream Dachshunds:
What is an English Cream Dachshund?
An English Cream Dachshund is a variation of the classic Dachshund breed known for its cream-colored coat. They are cherished for their elegant appearance and friendly nature.
What is the difference between an English Cream Dachshund and a standard Dachshund?
The primary difference lies in their coat color. English Cream Dachshunds have cream-colored coats, while standard Dachshunds come in various colors and patterns. Otherwise, they share the same Dachshund breed traits.
Are English Cream Dachshunds purebred?
Yes, English Cream Dachshunds are purebred Dachshunds. Their unique cream coat is a result of selective breeding within the Dachshund breed.
Are they good family pets?
Yes, English Cream Dachshunds are known for their friendly and sociable nature. They often make excellent family pets, getting along well with children and other animals.
Do they require a lot of grooming?
Grooming needs depend on the coat type (smooth, longhaired, or wirehaired). Longhaired varieties may require more frequent brushing to prevent matting, while smooth-coated Dachshunds are lower maintenance.
Are they prone to health issues?
Like all Dachshunds, English Cream Dachshunds are prone to certain health issues, including back problems (IVDD), obesity, hip dysplasia, and eye conditions. Regular veterinary check-ups and proper care can help manage these risks.
What is their lifespan?
English Cream Dachshunds typically have a lifespan of 12 to 16 years when well-cared for. Proper nutrition, exercise, and regular check-ups contribute to a longer and healthier life.
Do they shed a lot?
They do shed, but the amount can vary depending on the coat type. Regular grooming and brushing can help manage shedding.
Are they good apartment dogs?
Yes, English Cream Dachshunds are adaptable and can thrive in apartment living, provided they receive sufficient exercise and attention.
Are they good for first-time dog owners?
English Cream Dachshunds can be suitable for first-time dog owners if they are willing to invest time in training and care. Patience and consistency in training are essential.
Where can I find a reputable breeder?
Look for breeders registered with kennel clubs or breed associations and those with a reputation for ethical breeding practices. Always visit the breeder’s facility in person to ensure the well-being of the puppies.
Are they good with other pets?
English Cream Dachshunds can be good with other pets when properly socialized. Early socialization helps them get along with other animals in the household.