One of the most well-liked dog breeds in the world, Golden Retrievers are known for their loyalty, intellect, and friendly temperament. Due to their gentle nature, they are a preferred option for families with young children as well. Mumbai residents who are thinking about buying a Golden Retriever may be worried about the cost. This article will look at some of the price-influencing aspects as well as the typical cost of a Golden Retriever in Mumbai.
Golden Retriever Price in Mumbai
The average price of a Golden Retriever in Mumbai can vary depending on several factors. Generally, you can expect to pay between Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 60,000 for a Golden Retriever Dog. The price can vary depending on the breeder, the puppy’s lineage, and its age.
Golden Retriever Price In India
The price of a Golden Retriever in India can vary depending on various factors such as the quality of the breed, location, and breeder reputation. Typically, a Golden Retriever puppy can cost anywhere between ₹20,000 to ₹65,000.
Golden Retriever Puppy Price in Mumbai
In Mumbai, the price of a Golden Retriever puppy can vary depending on various factors such as the quality of the breed, location, and breeder reputation. Typically, a Golden Retriever puppy can cost anywhere between ₹18,000 to ₹45,000.
Golden Retriever Prices In Major Indian Cities
Golden Retriever Prices In Major Indian Cities depend on several factors and differ from a different locations, but here are some average prices of Golden Retrievers Prices In Major Indian Cities:
|Golden Retriever Price in Delhi||₹20,000 – ₹50,000|
|Golden Retriever Price in Mumbai||₹25,000 – ₹60,000|
|Golden Retriever Price in Bangalore||₹20,000 – ₹45,000|
|Golden Retriever Price in Kolkata||₹20,000 – ₹50,000|
|Golden Retriever Price in Chennai||₹20,000 – ₹45,000|
|Golden Retriever Price in Hyderabad||₹20,000 – ₹50,000|
|Golden Retriever Price in Pune||₹20,000 – ₹50,000|
|Golden Retriever Price in Ahmedabad||₹20,000 – ₹40,000|
Factors that Influence the Price of a Golden Retriever
There are Several Factors that Influence the Price of a Golden Retriever Dogs, Such as:
The breeder is one of the most important factors that could influence a Golden Retriever’s pricing. Usually, reputable breeders that have a history of raising pups that are healthy and behave well would charge extra for their pets. To be sure that the breeder you choose is morally upstanding and responsible, you must do your research first.
Another factor that can influence the price of a Golden Retriever is its lineage. Puppies from champion bloodlines or with a lineage that includes several generations of show dogs will typically be more expensive than puppies from less prestigious lines.
The puppy’s age may also affect the cost. Younger pups will often cost more than older ones. Puppies who have had previous training or socialising may also cost extra.
A healthy puppy will typically be more expensive than one with health issues. Reputable breeders will typically provide health certificates for their puppies, indicating that they have been screened for common health issues like hip dysplasia and eye problems.
Where to Find a Golden Retriever in Mumbai
There are several options if you’re looking for a Golden Retriever in Mumbai. You might start by looking into breeders or rescue groups that focus on Golden Retrievers online. Make sure you do your research and ask other dog owners for advice to find a reliable breeder.
A third choice is to contact nearby pet stores or animal sanctuaries. Although adopting a dog from a shelter is always recommended, it’s essential to keep in mind that Golden Retrievers might not always be accessible. If you do decide to buy a puppy from a pet shop, be careful to enquire about the dog’s health and pedigree as well as the reputation of the retailer.
About Golden Retriever Dog
The friendly and loyal nature of the Golden Retriever makes them a well-liked dog breed. They make a fantastic home companion since they are intelligent, loyal, and great with children. We’ll explore the Golden Retriever’s appearance, temperament, and maintenance requirements in more detail in this post.
Video Credit: Quality Lover
- Height: Males typically range from 22-24 inches, and females range from 20-22 inches.
- Weight: Males usually weigh between 65-75 pounds, and females weigh between 55-65 pounds.
- Coat: Golden Retrievers have a thick, water-resistant double coat that ranges in colour from light to dark golden.
- Eyes: They have dark, almond-shaped eyes that give them a friendly and intelligent expression.
- Ears: Their ears are medium-sized and hang down close to their head.
- Friendly: Golden Retrievers are known for their friendly and loving personality. They enjoy being around people and are great with children.
- Intelligent: They are intelligent dogs and enjoy learning new things. They are eager to please their owners and respond well to positive reinforcement training.
- Active: Golden Retrievers are an active breed and require daily exercise to keep them healthy and happy.
- Loyal: They are loyal dogs and will protect their family if they feel that they are in danger.
- Exercise: Golden Retrievers need daily exercise to keep them healthy and happy. They enjoy running, swimming, and playing fetch.
- Grooming: Their double coat requires regular grooming to prevent matting and tangling. They should be brushed at least once a week and bathed as needed.
- Training: They are intelligent dogs that respond well to positive reinforcement training. They require consistent training to help them develop good manners and behaviours.
- Health: Golden Retrievers are prone to certain health issues, including hip dysplasia, eye problems, and cancer. Regular veterinary care can help prevent and detect these issues early.
Facts about Golden Retrievers:
- Golden Retrievers originated in Scotland in the mid-19th century.
- They were originally bred to retrieve waterfowl during hunting expeditions.
- They are one of the most popular dog breeds in the world.
- Golden Retrievers are often used as service dogs due to their intelligence and friendly nature.
- They have a natural love for water and enjoy swimming.
In short, Golden Retrievers are a sociable, perceptive, and devoted breed that makes wonderful family pets. To maintain their well-being and joy, they need daily exercise, grooming, and constant instruction. They may serve as a loving and loyal companion for many years with the right training and care.
Golden Retriever Puppy
A newborn dog of the Golden Retriever breed is known as a puppy. They are well known for their cute appearance, amiable character, and lively demeanour. They must often be groomed because of their lovely golden coat. Puppies of the Golden Retriever breed are very trainable and make wonderful family dogs. They also do well in a variety of activities, including therapy work, obedience, agility, and hunting.
Types of Golden Retriever Dogs
There is only one recognized breed of Golden Retriever, which is the Golden Retriever. However, there are some variations in terms of coat colour and size that some people might refer to as different types. Here are some examples:
- English Golden Retriever – They are typically larger and have a stockier build than American Golden Retrievers. They also have a lighter coat colourr and a more blocky head.
- American Golden Retriever – They are typically lighter in colourr than English Golden Retrievers and have a longer, leaner build.
- Canadian Golden Retriever – They are very similar to American Golden Retrievers in appearance, but they may have a slightly thicker coat.
- Red Golden Retriever – They have a reddish coat colour that is not recognized as the standard for Golden Retrievers but is still quite popular.
It’s important to note that regardless of any variations, all Golden Retrievers are part of the same breed and share similar characteristics and temperaments.
History of Golden Retriever Dog
The Golden Retriever breed originated in Scotland in the mid-19th century. The breed was created by a Scottish nobleman named Sir Dudley Marjoribanks, who wanted a dog that could retrieve game both on land and in water. He crossed a Tweed Water Spaniel with a yellow-coloured retriever and produced the first litter of Golden Retrievers in 1868.
Golden Retrievers were first introduced to North America in the early 1900s and quickly gained popularity as versatile hunting dogs. Today, they are not only popular hunting dogs but also beloved family pets, therapy dogs, and search and rescue dogs.
Behaviour of Golden Retriever Dog
The temperament of golden retrievers is believed to be one of friendliness, loyalty, and gentleness. They are wonderful family dogs since they get along well with kids and other animals. They are very trainable and thrive in canine sports like obedience and agility. Moreover intelligent and adaptable, golden retrievers make great therapy dogs.
Golden retrievers are a high-energy breed, therefore frequent exercise and mental stimulation are necessary to keep them from becoming bored and engaging in harmful activities. Cats should be given a lot of chew toys because they like to chew on things. Due to their sociable nature and need for human company, golden retrievers are not advised for those who work long hours and are unable to provide them adequate time for play and exercise.
Pros and Cons of Golden Retriever
There are many Pros and Cons of Golden Retriever Dogs, Such as:
|Friendly and Loyal||High Exercise Requirements|
|Great with Kids and Other Animals||Shedding and Grooming Needs|
|Intelligent and Easy to Train||Prone to Separation Anxiety|
|Versatile and Adaptable||Can Be Destructive If Bored or Understimulated|
|Good for Therapy Work||May Develop Health Issues such as Hip Dysplasia|
|Active and Enjoy Outdoor Activities||May Chew and Mouth Objects if Not Trained Properly|
How to take Care of Golden Retriever Dog
Golden retrievers are preferred as family pets because of their affectionate and sociable disposition. It’s essential to provide for a Golden Retriever if you plan to bring one into your household. The following advice will help you care for your Golden Retriever:
- Provide a healthy diet that is appropriate for their age and activity level.
- Exercise your Golden Retriever daily to keep them physically and mentally stimulated.
- Regularly groom your Golden Retriever to keep its coat healthy and clean.
- Make sure your Golden Retriever receives regular veterinary check-ups and vaccinations.
- Keep your Golden Retriever’s teeth and gums healthy by brushing their teeth regularly.
Health Issues of Golden Retriever Dogs
While Golden Retrievers are generally healthy dogs, they can be prone to certain health issues. Here are some of the most common health issues that Golden Retrievers may face:
- Hip dysplasia – a genetic condition that affects the hip joint and can cause pain and mobility issues.
- Eye problems – Golden Retrievers are prone to cataracts, progressive retinal atrophy, and other eye problems.
- Skin allergies – Golden Retrievers can develop skin allergies that can cause itching, redness, and other symptoms.
- Cancer – Golden Retrievers are at higher risk for certain types of cancer, such as lymphoma and hemangiosarcoma.
Golden Retriever Lifespan
A Golden Retriever lives between 10 to 12 years on average. However, some Golden Retrievers have been known to live up to 15 years or more with the right care. Be sure to provide your Golden Retriever nutritious food, frequent exercise, and frequent veterinary checkups if you want them to live a long and healthy life.
Food for Golden Retriever Dog
Always Provide healthy and nutritional food to your Golden Retriever Dogs, Here are some Suggested Food for Golden Retriever Dogs:
|Food Type||Serving Size||Frequency|
|Dry kibble||2-3 cups||Twice a day|
|Wet food||1-2 cans||Twice a day|
|Raw diet||2-3% of body weight||Once a day|
|Homemade||Consult with a vet||Varies|
Names for Golden Retriever
Always choose a unique and ideal name for your golden Retriever, Here are some suggested Names for Golden Retriever Dogs:
|Classic Names||Unique Names|
Note: These are just a few examples of name ideas for Golden Retrievers. You can choose any name that you like and that suits your dog’s personality.
Golden Retriever Video
Video of Golden Retriever Dog to let you understand Golden Retriever Dog care tips, food, lifespan, and other factors. Video Credit: Furry Friend
Conclusion on Golden Retriever Price in Mumbai:
If you’re considering getting a Golden Retriever in Mumbai, the cost can vary depending on several factors. Reputable breeders who produce healthy, well-adjusted puppies will typically charge more for their dogs. Puppies from champion bloodlines or with a lineage that includes several generations of show dogs will also be more expensive. It’s essential to do your research and ask for recommendations to ensure that you find a reputable breeder. While adopting from a shelter is always best, Golden Retrievers may not be readily available, so it’s important to check with local pet stores or breeders as well. With proper research and preparation, you can find a happy and healthy Golden Retriever to join your family.
Frequently Asked Questions on Golden Retriever Price in Mumbai:
What is the average lifespan of a Golden Retriever?
The average lifespan of a Golden Retriever is between 10-12 years. However, with proper care, some Golden Retrievers have been known to live up to 15 years or more.
Are Golden Retrievers good family pets?
Yes, Golden Retrievers are known for their friendly and lovable nature, making them a popular choice as family pets.
How much exercise does a Golden Retriever need?
Golden Retrievers are active dogs that require daily exercise to keep them physically and mentally stimulated. A minimum of 30-60 minutes of exercise per day is recommended.
Do Golden Retrievers shed a lot?
Yes, Golden Retrievers have a thick and dense double coat that sheds moderately year-round, and heavily during shedding season.
Are Golden Retrievers easy to train?
Yes, Golden Retrievers are intelligent and eager to please, making them relatively easy to train. Positive reinforcement methods and consistent training are recommended.
Are Golden Retrievers prone to any health issues?
While Golden Retrievers are generally healthy dogs, they can be prone to certain health issues such as hip dysplasia, eye problems, skin allergies, and cancer.
How much does it cost to own a Golden Retriever?
The cost of owning a Golden Retriever can vary depending on various factors such as food, grooming, veterinary care, and training. The initial cost of buying a puppy can range from ₹20,000 to ₹60,000 or more in India.
Recommended on Golden Retriever Price in Mumbai–