Looking to buy a Kombai dog in India but not sure how much you should expect to pay? The price of these popular pets can vary depending on a variety of factors, including age, location, and breeder. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at Kombai dog prices in India to help you make an informed decision about your next furry friend. Whether you’re a first-time pet owner or an experienced animal lover, read on for valuable insights on what to expect when it comes to the cost of these beloved pets.
The hunting dog breed known as the Kombai dog, often referred to as the Indian Bore Hound or Kombai was developed in the Kombai district of Tamil Nadu, India. These dogs are well-liked by hunters and dog aficionados because of their loyalty, courage, and hunting ability.
The medium-sized, muscular Kombai dogs have short, thick coats that might be tan or reddish-brown in colour. They are outstanding hunters and family protectors due to their powerful jaws and cutting-edge teeth.
Because Kombai dogs have become more well-known in recent years, their demand and cost have increased in India and other nations. Knowing what influences a Kombai dog’s pricing is important if you’re thinking about acquiring one.
Video Credit: Dog Is World
Kombai Dog Puppy
The young and cute Kombai dog pups are the most prevalent type of breed. Because according to their energy, friendliness, and loyalty, they are well-liked by dog lovers in India and other nations. At pet shops, internet markets, and through breeders, Kombai dog pups are often for sale. Many factors, such as the breeder’s reputation, the puppy’s pedigree, and the breeder’s location, might affect the cost of a Kombai dog puppy. You must conduct thorough research and pick a reputable breeder if you want to buy a Kombai dog puppy that is both healthy and socialised.
Types of Kombai Dog
The Kombai or Indian Bore Hound is the sole recognised variety of the Kombai dog breed. In the Kombai district of Tamil Nadu, India, these dogs have been bred for hunting purposes for many years. They are renowned for their bravery, fidelity, and formidable hunting ability. Although there may be significant differences in a Kombai dog’s look and disposition from one to the next, there is no established categorization system for the many subtypes of the breed.
History of Kombai Dog
The Kombai dog, also known as the Indian Bore Hound, has a rich history dating back centuries. These dogs were bred by the Kombai tribe in the Tamil Nadu region of India for hunting purposes, particularly wild boar. The Kombai dog’s courage, loyalty, and hunting skills made them popular among local hunters and helped establish the breed’s reputation.
Appearance of Kombai Dog
The Kombai dog is a medium-sized breed that typically weighs between 20-30 kg and stands around 20-25 inches tall. They have a short, smooth coat that is usually reddish-brown or tan in colour. The Kombai dog has a muscular and athletic build, with a broad head, strong jaws, and sharp teeth. Their appearance is sleek and agile, which helps them navigate through dense forests and chase prey.
The temperament of Kombai Dog
The Kombai dog is known for its devotedness to and strong protectiveness of its family members. They are excellent for hunting and guarding due to their intelligence, self-assurance, and high level of endurance. Although Kombai dogs are not inherently aggressive, their territorial instincts sometimes cause them to be wary of others. Early socialisation and training can assist to curb this behaviour and encourage a canine that is well-mannered and adaptable.
The Behaviour of Kombai Dog
The Kombai dog is an active and energetic breed that requires plenty of exercise and mental stimulation. They are not suitable for apartment living and thrive in a home with a large yard or open space. Kombai dogs are independent by nature and can be stubborn at times, so consistent training is essential. They are not recommended for first-time dog owners or families with young children. Kombai dogs have a strong prey drive and may not be suitable for households with small pets.
Kombai Dog Price In India
The Kombai dog is a rare and indigenous breed primarily found in the southern part of India. As a result, its price can vary depending on a variety of factors, including location, breeder reputation, and the dog’s age and pedigree. On average, the price of a Kombai dog in India can range from Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 20,000.
Kombai Dog Puppy Price In India
The price of a Kombai dog puppy in India can vary depending on factors such as location, breeder reputation, and the puppy’s age and lineage. On average, the price of a Kombai puppy can range from Rs. 4,000 to Rs. 15,000.
Kombai Dog Prices In Major Indian Cities
The price of a Kombai dog in major Indian cities can vary depending on several factors, including location, breeder reputation, and the dog’s age and lineage. Here are the approximate Kombai dog prices in some major Indian cities:
|Kombai Dog Price List India|
|Kombai Dog Price in Delhi||Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 25,000|
|Kombai Dog Price in Kolkata||Rs. 7,000 to Rs. 20,000|
|Kombai Dog Price in Mumbai||Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 30,000|
|Kombai Dog Price in Agra||Rs. 9,000 to Rs. 24,000|
|Kombai Dog Price in Chennai||Rs. 6,000 to Rs. 18,000|
|Kombai Dog Price in Pune||Rs. 7,500 to Rs. 22,000|
|Kombai Dog Price in Bangalore||Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 25,000|
|Kombai Dog Prices in Hyderabad||Rs. 7,400 to Rs. 20,000|
|Kombai Dog Price in Chandigarh||Rs. 9,000 to Rs. 24,000|
|Kombai Dog Price in Kerala||Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 26,000|
|Kombai Dog Price in Jaipur||Rs. 10,100 to Rs. 28,000|
|Kombai Dog Price in Indore||Rs. 7,000 to Rs. 18,000|
|Kombai Dog Price In Ahmedabad||Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 22,000|
|Kombai Dog Price In Lucknow||Rs. 9,000 to Rs. 25,000|
Factors that Affect the price of Kombai Dog
The price of a Kombai dog can be influenced by several factors, including the dog’s lineage, age, and physical characteristics. Here are some common factors that can affect the price of a Kombai dog:
- Lineage: Dogs with a strong lineage, including champion bloodlines, may command a higher price.
- Age: Younger puppies may be more expensive than older dogs, as they are in high demand.
- Physical characteristics: Dogs with desirable physical characteristics, such as unique coat colours or markings, may command a higher price.
- Location: The price of a Kombai dog can also vary depending on the location of the breeder.
Kombai Dog price comparison:
The price of a Kombai dog can vary widely depending on the breeder and other factors. Here is a rough price comparison of Kombai dogs from different breeders:
- Reputable breeders: Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 30,000
- Pet stores: Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000
- Backyard breeders: Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 15,000
It’s important to note that the quality of the dog and the breeder’s reputation can significantly impact the price of a Kombai dog.
How to negotiate the price of Kombai Dog:
When negotiating the price of a Kombai dog, it’s important to be respectful and mindful of the breeder’s time and effort. Here are some tips for negotiating the price of a Kombai dog:
- Do your research: Research the average price of Kombai dogs in your area to ensure that you are not overpaying.
- Be flexible: If the breeder is not willing to budge on the price, consider negotiating on other factors, such as health guarantees or post-purchase support.
- Build a relationship: Building a good relationship with the breeder can help you negotiate a better price and ensure that you are getting a healthy, well-socialized dog.
The true cost of Owning a Kombai Dog:
The cost of owning a Kombai dog goes beyond the initial purchase price. Here are some common expenses associated with owning a Kombai dog:
- Food and treats
- Veterinary care, including routine check-ups, vaccinations, and emergency care
- Grooming, including bathing, nail trimming, and ear cleaning
- Supplies, such as toys, bedding, and leashes
- Training classes or private training sessions
Pros and Cons of Buying Kombai Dogs
There are many Pros and Cons of Buying Kombai Dogs, some of them are:
|Pros of Buying Kombai Dogs||Cons of Buying Kombai Dogs|
|Loyal and protective nature||High energy level, requires daily exercise|
|Excellent guard dogs||Not suited for apartment living|
|Low grooming needs||Can be aggressive towards strangers and other animals if not socialized properly|
|Easy to train and obedient||Prone to certain health issues such as hip dysplasia and skin allergies|
|Good with children and families||Can be stubborn at times|
|Natural hunting instincts||Can be territorial and dominant|
Note: It is important to remember that each dog is unique and may not exhibit all the listed traits. Proper training and socialization can also greatly impact a dog’s behaviour.
10 Facts about Kombai Dog
Here are some interesting facts about Kombai Dogs, must check them before buying one:
- Kombai Dogs are native to the state of Tamil Nadu in southern India.
- They were originally bred for hunting and were trained to chase and capture wild boars.
- Kombai Dogs are also known by other names such as Combai, Indian Bore Hound, and Indian Bear Hound.
- They are a medium-sized dog breed and have a muscular and athletic build.
- Kombai Dogs have short, smooth coat that comes in shades of red, brown, and black.
- These dogs are highly loyal and protective of their owners and make excellent guard dogs.
- Kombai Dogs have a strong prey drive and may not be suitable for homes with small pets such as cats or rabbits.
- They are a healthy breed overall but may be prone to certain health issues such as hip dysplasia and skin allergies.
- Kombai Dogs are easy to train and are obedient to their owners, but they may exhibit stubbornness at times.
- With proper socialization and training, Kombai Dogs can be great companions and family pets.
Video Credit: Rocadog
Care Tips for Kombai Dog
Some important and healthy Care Tips for Kombai Dogs are:
- Regular Exercise: Kombai Dogs are active and energetic. They require regular exercise to stay healthy and happy. Daily walks, jogs or playing fetch in the park are great ways to keep your Kombai dog active.
- Grooming: Kombai Dogs have short and dense coats that require minimal grooming. Regular brushing once a week, bathing when needed, and trimming nails is sufficient to maintain their coat and hygiene.
- Proper Diet: A balanced and nutritious diet is important for your Kombai dog’s overall health. Consult with your veterinarian to determine the appropriate type and amount of food your dog requires based on its age, weight, and activity level.
Health Issues of Kombai Dog
Some common Health Issues of Kombai Dogs are:
- Hip Dysplasia: Kombai Dogs are prone to hip dysplasia, a genetic condition where the hip joint is malformed. This can cause pain, limping, and arthritis.
- Skin Allergies: Kombai Dogs are prone to skin allergies and can develop itching, redness, and hair loss.
- Ear Infections: Due to their floppy ears, Kombai Dogs are prone to ear infections. Regular cleaning and examination by a veterinarian can help prevent and treat infections.
Kombai Dog Lifespan
The average lifespan of a Kombai Dog is 12-15 years. With proper care, diet, and exercise, Kombai Dogs can live a healthy and happy life.
Food for Kombai Dog
Food for Kombai Dog:
- High-quality dry dog food
- Homemade cooked food
- Chicken and turkey
- Vegetables like sweet potatoes, green beans, and peas
- Fruits like apples, bananas, and watermelon
- Milk and yoghurt
10 Names for Kombai Dog
Names for Kombai Dog:
Kombai Dog Video
Video of Kombai Dog to let you understand Kombai Dog care tips, food, lifespan, and other factors. Video Credit: Dogs Junction
Conclusion on Kombai Dog Price:
In conclusion, the Kombai dog is a rare and unique breed that is ideal for active families and individuals. However, the cost of a Kombai dog varies according on a number of variables, including the dog’s age, gender, and pedigree as well as the breeder’s reputation and location. To ensure that you are buying a healthy and happy Kombai dog at a reasonable price, it is important to do in-depth research and identify a trustworthy breeder.
The continuous expenses of having a Kombai dog, such as feeding, grooming, veterinary care, and training, should also be considered. You may decide whether this breed is perfect for you by being mindful of the variables that influence Kombai dog pricing as well as the duties of ownership.
Frequently Asked Questions on Kombai Dog Price:
What is a Kombai Dog?
A Kombai Dog is a breed of Indian hunting dog, which is known for its loyalty, bravery, and strength.
How much does a Kombai Dog cost in India?
The price of a Kombai Dog in India can range from 5,000 to 25,000 INR, depending on various factors such as the breeder, location, and the age of the dog.
What is the lifespan of a Kombai Dog?
The average lifespan of a Kombai Dog is around 10-13 years.
Is a Kombai Dog good with kids?
Kombai Dogs can be great with kids if they are trained and socialized properly from an early age. However, due to their strong prey drive, it is important to supervise their interactions with small children.
What kind of health issues do Kombai Dogs face?
Kombai Dogs are generally a healthy breed, but like any other breed, they can be prone to certain health issues such as hip dysplasia, allergies, and skin problems.
How much exercise does a Kombai Dog need?
Kombai Dogs are highly active and require plenty of exercise, including daily walks and playtime. They also enjoy activities such as running, hiking, and swimming.
Are Kombai Dogs aggressive?
Kombai Dogs can be aggressive towards strangers and other animals if they are not properly socialized and trained. It is important to provide them with proper training and socialization from an early age to prevent any aggressive behavior.
Are Kombai Dogs easy to train?
Kombai Dogs can be independent and strong-willed, making training a bit challenging. However, with patience, consistency, and positive reinforcement, they can be trained successfully.
Recommended or related to Kombai Dog Price–