Indian Originated Mudhol Hounds are a breed of dog that is becoming more and more well-liked among dog lovers. You’ve come to the correct place whether you’re interested in adopting a Mudhol Hound or just want to learn more about this unique breed. Everything you need to know about the Mudhol Hound, including its background, characteristics, disposition, and more, will be covered in this article. So sit back, relax, and let’s explore the Mudhol Hounds’ world. But first, let’s quickly examine what makes them unique and why you should think about getting one as your new furry friend.
Mudhol Hound Dog
The Mudhol Hound, also known as the Caravan Hound, is a majestic and powerful dog breed that hails from the southern state of Karnataka in India. With its sleek and agile body, sharp instincts, and fierce loyalty, the Mudhol Hound is widely regarded as one of the best hunting dogs in India.
Mudhol Hound Origins and History
The Mudhol Hound’s origins can be traced back to ancient India, where it was used by royalty and nobility for hunting purposes. The breed is thought to have originated by the Mudhol royal family in the sixteenth century, which is also how it got its name.
The Mudhol Hound gained popularity over time among the Indian nomadic tribes, who employed the breed to hunt small wildlife and protect their villages. The breed has been recognised by the Kennel Club of India and is frequently employed for hunting, racing, and as a pet.
Mudhol Hound Physical Characteristics
Large and powerful, the Mudhol Hound is 25 to 30 inches tall and weighs 48 to 60 pounds. It has a silky, short coat in a variety of hues, including black, brindle, piebald, and solid fawn, red, and cream.
The breed has a long, thin head, a wide forehead, and strong jaws. With almond-shaped, black eyes, it has an attentive, perceptive look. Long and folded, like its tail, the Mudhol Hound has long ears.
Mudhol Hound Temperament and Behaviour
The Mudhol Hound is a breed of clever, self-reliant dog that is devoted to its family. It makes a great watchdog since it is naturally protective and can be distrustful of strangers. But the breed may also be amiable and loving with guests and kids with the right socialisation and training.
The breed, which is known for having high levels of energy, needs exercise and mental stimulation on a regular basis to keep healthy and content. The Mudhol Hound should always be kept on a leash or in a safe place when outside because of its intense prey drive as a hunting dog.
Mudhol Hound Grooming and Care
The Mudhol Hound’s short coat just has to be brushed once a week and occasionally bathed to be clean and healthy. Although the breed is normally in good condition and does not have any serious health issues, frequent checkups with a veterinarian are recommended.
The Mudhol Hound needs a balanced diet, regular exercise, and socialisation to stay happy and healthy, just like any other dog breed. To avoid behavioural issues, the breed should have lots of opportunities for play and exercise in addition to regular training and socialisation.
Mudhol Hound Puppies
If you are considering adding a Mudhol Hound puppy to your family, there are a few things that you should know. While these puppies are cute and playful, they require a lot of attention, care, and training to become well-adjusted adult dogs.
Here are some tips for raising Mudhol Hound puppies:
- Find a reputable breeder: When looking for a Mudhol Hound puppy, it’s important to find a reputable breeder who follows ethical breeding practices. A good breeder will provide you with a healthy puppy that has been properly socialized and has had all of the necessary vaccinations and health checks.
- Socialize your puppy early: Mudhol Hound puppies can be wary of strangers and other animals, so it’s important to socialize them early on. Introduce your puppy to a variety of people, animals, and environments to help them develop into a well-adjusted adult dog.
- Start training early: Mudhol Hounds are intelligent dogs that respond well to positive reinforcement training. Start training your puppy early to teach them basic commands like “sit,” “stay,” and “come.” This will help establish good behaviour habits and make it easier to train them as they grow older.
- Provide plenty of exercises: Mudhol Hounds are a high-energy breed that requires plenty of exercises and mental stimulation to stay healthy and happy. Provide your puppy with plenty of opportunities to run, play, and explore to prevent boredom and destructive behaviour.
- Proper nutrition: Feed your puppy high-quality dog food that is appropriate for their age and size. Mudhol Hound puppies require a balanced diet that provides the necessary nutrients for healthy growth and development.
- Regular veterinary check-ups: Mudhol Hound puppies are generally healthy, but it’s important to take them to the veterinarian for regular check-ups and vaccinations. This will help ensure that they stay healthy and prevent any potential health problems.
5 Types of Mudhol Hound Dogs
There are different types of Mudhol Hound dogs that vary in appearance and purpose. Here are some of the most common types:
- Caravan Hound: Also known as the Mudhol Hound, this is the most common type of Mudhol Hound. It is a tall and muscular breed that is often used for hunting and racing.
- Pashmi Hound: This type of Mudhol Hound has a longer and thicker coat than the Caravan Hound. It is often used for hunting and is known for its endurance and speed.
- Rampur Hound: This type of Mudhol Hound has a leaner and more streamlined body than the Caravan Hound. It is often used for hunting small game and is known for its agility and speed.
- Kanni: The Kanni is a type of Mudhol Hound that is native to the state of Tamil Nadu in India. It is a medium-sized breed that is often used for hunting small game and is known for its loyalty and intelligence.
- Chippiparai: The Chippiparai is a type of Mudhol Hound that is native to the state of Tamil Nadu in India. It is a tall and lean breed that is often used for hunting and is known for its speed and agility.
History of Mudhol Hound Dog
The Mudhol Hound, also known as Caravan Hound, is an ancient breed that originated in the Deccan Plateau region of India. They were initially bred for hunting and coursing, with their exceptional speed and agility making them a valuable asset to the aristocracy. Mudhol Hounds were also used as guard dogs and loyal companions by Indian royalty.
Appearance of Mudhol Hound Dogs
A tall, muscular breed with a long, narrow skull, the Mudhol Hound grows leanly. Their short, silky coat is available in a range of colours, such as black, fawn, and cream. Large, dark eyes and long, hanging ears characterise them. Mudhol Hounds stand out from the crowd with their sophisticated, unique look.
Temperament of Mudhol Hound
Mudhol Hounds are known for their loyalty, intelligence, and boundless action. They are a very friendly breed and love spending time with their human relatives. Although they might be suspicious of unfamiliar people and animals, with the right socialisation, they can get along with others. Due to their independent nature, Mudhol Hounds may need careful and consistent training.
Behaviour of Mudhol Hound Dog
Mudhol Hounds are a high-energy breed that requires plenty of exercise and mental stimulation. They are natural hunters and love to chase and run. Owners should provide them with ample opportunities to run, play, and explore to prevent boredom and destructive behaviour. Mudhol Hounds are also very loyal and protective of their family, making them excellent guard dogs.
Mudhol Hound Price
The cost of a Mudhol Hound in India can vary based on factors such as the dog’s age, lineage, and the breeder’s reputation. On average, you can expect to pay anywhere between INR 6,000 to INR 25,000 for a Mudhol Hound in India. On average, you can expect to pay anywhere between $300 and $500 for a Mudhol Hound in USA.
Mudhol Hound Price In India
The price of a Mudhol Hound in India can vary based on several factors, including the breeder’s reputation, location, and the puppy’s pedigree. On average, the price of a Mudhol Hound puppy in India can range from ₹8,000 to ₹20,000, but some breeders may charge more based on their reputation and the puppy’s bloodline.
Mudhol Hound Puppy Price In India
The price of a Mudhol Hound puppy in India can range from ₹4,000 to ₹15,000 on average, but some breeders may charge more based on their reputation and the puppy’s bloodline. It’s essential to find a reputable breeder who breeds healthy and well-socialized puppies to ensure that you are getting a healthy and happy companion.
Mudhol Dog Prices In Major Indian Cities
Mudhol Dogs, also known as the Caravan Hound or the Mudhol Hound, is a rare and ancient breed of dog that originated in India. Here are the estimated prices of Mudhol Dogs in major Indian cities:
|Mudhol Dog Price List India|
|Mudhol Dog Price in Delhi||₹9,000 to ₹20,000|
|Mudhol Dog Price in Kolkata||₹4,000 to ₹15,000|
|Mudhol Dog Price in Mumbai||₹6,000 to ₹16,000|
|Mudhol Dog Price in Agra||₹8,000 to ₹20,000|
|Mudhol Dog Price in Chennai||₹5,000 to ₹18,000|
|Mudhol Dog Price in Pune||₹9,000 to ₹20,000|
|Mudhol Dog Price in Bangalore||₹8,000 to ₹17,000|
|Mudhol Dog Prices in Hyderabad||₹10,000 to ₹19,000|
|Mudhol Dog Price in Chandigarh||₹5,000 to ₹15,000|
|Mudhol Dog Price in Kerala||₹12,000 to ₹20,000|
|Mudhol Dog Price in Jaipur||₹7,000 to ₹19,000|
|Mudhol Dog Price in Indore||₹8,000 to ₹18,000|
|Mudhol Dog Price In Ahmedabad||₹6,000 to ₹15,000|
|Mudhol Dog Price In Lucknow||₹8,000 to ₹20,000|
|Mudhol Dog Price In Nagpur||₹10,000 to ₹18,000|
|Mudhol Dog In Coimbatore||₹13,000 to ₹20,000|
|Mudhol Dog Price In Bhubaneswar||₹12,000 to ₹20,000|
|Mudhol Dog Price In Punjab||₹8,000 to ₹18,000|
|Mudhol Dog Price In Tamilnadu||₹7,000 to ₹15,000|
Factors that Affect the Price of Mudhol Hound Dog
India gave rise to the unique and historical Mudhol Dog, also referred to as the Caravan Hound. Understanding what influences a Mudhol Dog’s pricing is important if you’re thinking about buying it. Some of the factors that might affect a Mudhol Dog’s price would include the following:
- Dog’s lineage: The price of the dog may be significantly influenced by its genealogy. Strong Mudhol Dog lineages that may be linked to champion bloodlines are sometimes more costly.
- Age: The dog’s age might have an impact on how much it costs. In general, puppies cost more than adult dogs, while elderly dogs may cost less because of their age.
- Breeder Reputation: The reputation of the breeder can also impact the price of a Mudhol Dog. Reputable breeders with a history of producing healthy and well-socialized puppies may charge more for their dogs.
- Demand: The demand for Mudhol Dogs can also affect their price. If the breed is in high demand, the price may be higher.
Monthly Maintenance Cost of Mudhol Hound Dogs:
While the initial cost of purchasing a Mudhol Hound puppy is an important factor to take into consideration, it’s also important to understand the monthly maintenance expenses associated with dog ownership. This covers costs for things like food, grooming, veterinary care, and instruction. Budgeting for these requirements is crucial since Mudhol Hounds require frequent exercise and mental stimulation. Depending on your region, your dog’s size, and your lifestyle, the monthly maintenance cost may change.
Availability of Bernese Mountain Dogs in India:
Because Mudhol Hounds are a rare breed, there may not always be any available in India. Thus, this can have an impact on their pricing. Due to their rarity, breeders may charge extra for Mudhol Hounds, and it might be difficult to locate a trustworthy breeder in some areas of India. Finding a breeder who produces healthy, well-socialized puppies requires investigation.
Mudhol Hound Dog price comparison:
Based on the aforementioned variables, the cost of a Mudhol Hound puppy can vary greatly. It’s important to compare pricing from different breeders and take into account things like their reputation and the lineage of the dog. Additionally, you might want to think about adopting a Mudhol Hound from a shelter or rescue group, which can be a less expensive choice.
How to negotiate the price of Mudhol Hound Dog:
If you’ve found a Mudhol Hound that you’re interested in but the price is higher than you expected, it’s possible to negotiate with the breeder. Be polite and respectful, and explain your situation and your budget. Ask if there is any flexibility in the price or if the breeder can offer any incentives such as free vet checkups or discounts on training.
The true cost of owning a Mudhol Hound Dogs:
A Mudhol Hound is a huge commitment that needs constant love, care, and patience. You’re going to need to set up money for recurring costs like food, veterinary care, grooming, and training in addition to the initial cost of purchasing a puppy. You must make sure you can meet your Mudhol Hound’s needs for the rest of their life and that you can give them a loving and comfortable environment.
Facts about Mudhol Hound Dogs
Here are some interesting facts about Mudhol Hound Dogs:
- Mudhol Hounds are also known as Caravan Hounds or Karwani.
- They are an ancient breed that originated in India and were used for hunting and guarding.
- Mudhol Hounds are known for their remarkable speed and agility, and they have distinctive long and lean bodies.
- These dogs are extremely loyal and protective of their owners, making them excellent watchdogs.
- Mudhol Hounds have a strong prey drive, and they may chase small animals, so it’s essential to socialize and train them properly.
- They are low-maintenance dogs that require minimal grooming, but they do need regular exercise and mental stimulation.
- Mudhol Hounds are intelligent dogs that can learn quickly, and they excel in various activities such as agility, obedience, and tracking.
- This breed has a lifespan of 12 to 14 years, and they are generally healthy with few genetic health problems.
- Mudhol Hounds are still primarily used as hunting and guarding dogs in India, and they are becoming more popular as family pets in other parts of the world.
- Mudhol Hounds are a rare breed, and it’s essential to find a reputable breeder who breeds healthy and well-socialized puppies.
Care Tips for Mudhol Hound Dog
Here are some Care Tips for Mudhol Hound Dogs:
- Exercise: Mudhol Hounds are a high-energy breed and need plenty of exercise to stay healthy and happy. Regular walks run, or other activities are recommended.
- Grooming: Mudhol Hounds have a short, dense coat that requires minimal grooming. Regular brushing and occasional baths will keep them clean and healthy.
- Training: Proper training is essential for Mudhol Hounds, as they are intelligent and independent-minded. Positive reinforcement training methods are recommended.
- Socialization: Mudhol Hounds can be wary of strangers and other animals. Socialization at an early age is necessary to prevent aggressive behaviour.
- Diet: A balanced and nutritious diet is essential for Mudhol Hounds. High-quality dog food, fresh water, and occasional treats will keep them healthy.
Health Issues of Mudhol Hound Dog
Some common Health Issues of Mudhol Hound Dogs are:
- Hip dysplasia: This is a genetic condition that affects the hips and can cause pain and arthritis in dogs.
- Bloat: Mudhol Hounds are prone to bloat, which is a life-threatening condition that occurs when the stomach fills with gas and twists.
- Ear infections: Mudhol Hounds have long ears that can trap moisture and debris, leading to ear infections.
- Eye problems: This breed is prone to eye problems such as cataracts and progressive retinal atrophy.
Mudhol Hound Dog Lifespan
The Mudhol Hound has a lifespan of 12 to 14 years, which is typical for medium-sized dog breeds. Proper care, nutrition, and exercise can help extend their lifespan. It’s essential to keep up with regular vet checkups and vaccinations to ensure your Mudhol Hound stays healthy throughout their life.
Food for Mudhol Hound Dogs
Recommended Food for Mudhol Hound Dogs:
|Type of Food||Recommended Brands|
|Dry kibble||Royal Canin, Hill’s Science Diet, Taste of the Wild|
|Wet food||Blue Buffalo, Wellness, Merrick|
|Raw food||Primal, Stella & Chewy’s, Darwin’s Natural Pet Products|
Names for Mudhol Hound Dogs
Common Names for Mudhol Hound Dogs:
|Male Names||Female Names|
Mudhol Hound Training and Caring Video
In conclusion, the Mudhol Hound is an exceptional breed that is highly regarded for its loyalty, agility, and intelligence. While their price may vary based on various factors such as availability, location, and breeder, they are generally priced reasonably in India. However, it’s important to keep in mind that the price of a Mudhol Hound is just a small fraction of the overall cost of owning one. Proper care, training, and nutrition are essential to ensure your Mudhol Hound lives a happy and healthy life.
Frequently Asked Questions on Mudhol Hound Dogs:
What is the price of a Mudhol Hound puppy in India?
The price of a Mudhol Hound puppy in India varies based on several factors, including the location of the breeder, availability, and lineage. On average, a Mudhol Hound puppy can cost anywhere between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 30,000.
How much exercise do Mudhol Hounds require?
Mudhol Hounds are high-energy dogs that require a lot of exercise to stay healthy and happy. They need at least 60-90 minutes of exercise daily, including walks, runs, and other activities.
Are Mudhol Hounds good with children?
Yes, Mudhol Hounds are excellent with children and make great family pets. They are loyal and affectionate dogs that get along well with kids.
What are the common health issues of Mudhol Hounds?
Mudhol Hounds are generally healthy dogs, but they can be prone to hip dysplasia, bloat, ear infections, and eye problems such as cataracts and progressive retinal atrophy.
How long do Mudhol Hounds live?
Mudhol Hounds have a lifespan of 12 to 14 years, which is typical for medium-sized dog breeds. Proper care, nutrition, and exercise can help extend their lifespan.
How often should I groom my Mudhol Hound?
Mudhol Hounds have a short, dense coat that requires minimal grooming. Regular brushing and occasional baths will keep them clean and healthy. It’s also important to clean their ears and trim their nails regularly.
Can Mudhol Hounds be trained easily?
Mudhol Hounds are intelligent and independent-minded dogs that can be trained with positive reinforcement methods. They respond well to consistent and patient training, and socialization from an early age is crucial to prevent aggressive behaviour.